Week 3 Reading: Art of Possibility, Chapters 1-6


I got trapped by this book from the very first page. After watching the videos embeded in the activity for this week my expectation about the book and about the writers were very high. I must say that I was not disspointed at all, actually it caught my attention in a way that I could not stop reading the book, that happens to me every time I read a book that really inspires me and makes my imagination take flight.

The whole idea proposed by Rosamund and Benjamin Zander is really interesting and makes a lot of sense. I have heard many ideas and read about many new techniques to be succesful in what you do for a living, but I had never before seen one that it is based in a simple idea that can be put into practice by anyone without doing a major effort from your side. All of the first six chapters of this book are based on examples and results that you can obtain if you change the way you see your problems. I have actually made myself questions similar to the ones mentioned in the book, and I have for some time now believed in the same idea that if everything that we based our lives on was invented, then why not invent new rules or ways to see and do things that are closer to what our reality is, doing this we can have different results than the ones we can predict.

In my thesis I am applying exactly the principle that the authors are prophecing, I am creating new frameworks to look at the educational system in Costa Rica, so it can be adapted to the globalized world in which we live and the future fields of study that the country is pursuing.

Comentarios