My New Online Experiences (wk3)

When I began using the internet back in 1995, I never imagined how this new media would affect my life. It rapidly became my favorite hobbie, and later an important piece in my life. I must admit that during the 90's I became an Internet addict, I used to spend hours and hours connected online, talking to people by bulletin boards and sending and receiving e-mails. It was also my first source of information about my favorite computer platform at the time: the Commodore Amiga 3000.
As I grew up and the Internet became faster and easier to use I began to explore other areas of the online communities. Since in my personal life being single and available was a constant becaus of the lack of time to go to bars or other social activities then I decided to get a few subscriptions to a couple of sites where it it supposed that you can get a match. One of the sites that I joined was Seat for Two, a site created by a Costa Rican journalist who got divorced herself. This was the site where I was able to meet the person that became on January 9th, 2010 my new girlfriend. We met online in April of last year and then she came to visit me on the Christmas Break. During the time that she spend in Costa Rica we went to different places and did a lot of activities together. Then she went back to Mexico, but the impression that she left in my family and my heart made me take the decision to ask her to become my official girlfriend, something that she agreed on. Since that day we have dated online, we try to talk to each other at least once a day through Facebook, Skype or Messenger.
I must admit that this is a total new experince for me, but I am again believing that I might not finish my days alone. I know believe that there could really be a special person out there that really cares about me, and that can love me as I love her.

Comentarios

  1. Wow, congratulations. That's why you've been so busy. Just kidding. I'm sure that you are discovering that online relationships can be very connecting in a way that wasn't really possible before. One of my last girlfriends, we texted and IM'd a lot and sometimes we'd open the IM window and write a comment here and there, but we were both working so, it was a bit like studying together in the library where you're mostly working but have a sense of the other person's presence. I'm very happy for you and hope that your new girlfriend can help you channel your talents so that you can get this program over and done. Congratulations.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario