The purpose of Education

I have been struggling during the past week to find a topic to talk about, and at the same time I have been finishing to prepare my students for the Examenes de Educación Abierta (Open Education Tests). For the first time since I began teaching I was able to see the topics for these test from a different perspective and I have come to the conclusion that these test were created as a way to slow down the time in which a student finishes his or hers Secondary Education.  If you analize the time that a student must spend to study and really learn the information, and the dates in which the tests must be taken you will discover that there is not enough time to be prepare to pass the tests.  Also if you take in consideration that not all the students advance at the same speed then we will have a bigger problem, but what can be the solution? Our educational system must be changed or kept the same? What is the real purpose of education? I will continue this analysis in my next post. 

Comentarios

  1. Can you link to the test site. Many of your peers would love to hear about education in your country. You can also use RSS feeds to help your writings.

    Linda Burns

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario